Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Upcoming Reviews...Books that Are on My Bedroom Floor





Hello my friends and welcome to this blog! :)  This post is to get y'all excited about upcoming reviews based on the books that are sitting on my bedroom floor right now.  And let me tell you, there are A LOT of books on my bedroom floor right now!  So I'm just gonna give the titles for the top five in my to-read pile at the moment.
 
Texas Gothic
By: Rosemary Clement-Moore

It has witches, kooky family members, ghosts, mystery, and a really hot cowboy!  Need I list more reasons for reading this book?








Those That Wake
By: Jesse Karp

This has quite a few points in its favor.  It feeds my dystopian addiction, it has crazytown plot points according to the description and this guy has compelling word skills if the excerpt on the back of the book is any indication!











The Book of Lies
By: Mary Horlock

This book is set on the island of Guernsey and it combines a historical storyline and a modern muder plot that are interconnected by members of the same family.  Plus the different stories take place during World War II and the 1980's - two of my fave time periods.  Looking forward to it.








 The Abused Werewolf Rescue Group
By: Catherine Jinks

The title itself is compelling and just kinda weird cause I never equated werewolves with an abuse problem or a need for rescue...but the main character wakes up naked in A DINGO PEN.  With no idea how he got there.  Seriously.









 Darkness Becomes Her
By: Kelly Keaton   

Showing some serious cover-love for this one and it has the point in its favor of having what sounds like a futuristic society.  Plus its the first book in a series titled "Gods and Monsters."  But the cover was what drew me in initially.                                               
Also, I'd just like to give a quick thank you to everyone following my blog.  It truly means the world to me.  And I have a few ideas in my other than just book reviews for this blog.  I think that I might also review movies, do books versus movies reviews, and maybe review a T.V. show or two in the fall.  Let me know if you have any requests and I'll consider them.  Just shoot me an email and I will respond because I'm always looking for ways to expand my mind! :)

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read any of these yet. Looking forward to the reviews so I know if I should check them out.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are much appreciated and I always read them with a smile on my face! :) While I appreciate the thought, this an award-free blog as well. I just don't have the time to keep up with it. Thank you for my smiles and please share your thoughts! Also, sorry for the Captcha, but I've been getting a lot of spam lately!