Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better!!! Winter Challenge 2011-2012



WINTER READING CHALLENGE 2011-2012, December 1st - February 29th

   So my lovely followers, I figured that I would share this with you all.  I am taking part in a Winter challenge that was posted on the YA Science Fiction/Fantasy Book Club that I'm part of on Goodreads.  It was a pretty interesting challenge, so I figure I would share it with you.  If you wish to participate I highly encourage it - things like this are lots of fun!  Here are the rules if you decide to join me:

The rules are simple:
- 3 months (Dec. 1 - Feb. 29)
- 9 books
- No points
- No genre restrictions (just use it as motivation to get through your TBR or try something new).
- A book may count for only ONE challenge item.
- Books must be read between the dates listed above.

The books:

1. Winter Book: Read a book with a wintry word in the title.
Examples:

2. It Gets Better: Read a book about a tough issue: grief, suicide, cutting, drug addiction, mental illness, rape, bullying, eating disorders, abuse, etc.
Examples:
Speak by: Laurie Halse Anderson, Crank by: Ellen Hopkins, Saving June by: Hannah Harrington

3. By the Numbers: Read a book with a number or other quantitative word in the title.
Examples:
13 Little Blue Envelopes by: Maureen Johnson, Infinite Days by: Rebecca Maizel, Circle Nine by: Anne Heltzel

4. Something Old: Read a book that has been sitting on your shelf or on your to-read list for at least 3 months without being read OR a book that you didn't finish the first time that you tried to read it. (Book must have been released for at least 3 months - no waiting to be released books for this one!)


5. Something New: Read an author's debut novel OR a book from an author that you've never read before.
Examples of debuts:
Looking for Alaska by: John Green, Under the Never Sky by: Veronica Rossi, Between Shades of Gray by: Ruta Sepetys

6. Something Borrowed: Read a book that was recommended by someone in a group you belong to or by a friend. Alternatively, read a book from a friend's to-read shelf on Goodreads.

7. Something Blue: Read a book with a blue cover or the word "blue" in the title.
Examples:
Raw Blue by: Kirsty Eagar, Mockingjay by: Suzanne Collins, Crossed by: Allie Condie

8. Valentine: Read a book with a romance:
Examples:
Anna and the French Kiss by: Stephanie Perkins, Dearly Departed by: Lia Habel, Darker Still by: Leanna Renee Hieber

9. Wild Card Read: Read any book that catches your fancy with no restrictions whatsoever.  Have fun with it!

The link to the original challenge is: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/725791-winter-challenge-2011-2012

My Picks:
  
   
 




So are you guys gonna join me?  Do you know what your picks are for the challenge?  Drop me a comment.  I will be posting review for each book that I finish and when I'm done I'm gonna party! :)
Catch y'all on the flipside of the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated and I always read them with a smile on my face! :) While I appreciate the thought, this an award-free blog as well. I just don't have the time to keep up with it. Thank you for my smiles and please share your thoughts! Also, sorry for the Captcha, but I've been getting a lot of spam lately!