Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Listen Closely Wednesdays (LCW) # 2

http://diamondinroughcoal.blogspot.com
   Hi everyone! As my followers have by now learned, I am passionate about Young Adult books. But I also love many other forms of expression, including music. I truly believe in the quote that is pictured above and as such have decided to create a weekly meme that is dedicated to sharing music that I believe in, music that has touched me, made me laugh/cry or just plain feel something more. Every week, Listen Closely Wednesdays will talk about five songs that have been important to me that week, why they made the list and I will post all pertinent info about the song itself as well. If you wish to do this on your own blog, please credit me. It is something that I would love to share but I do want to be recognized as this having been my own, original idea. On that note, feel free to comment about the things I share with you or about the music that's on your mind at the time. I'd love to hear all about it! Without further adieu, let's kick off this weeks Listen Closely Wednesday!

Five Songs That Have Kept My Mood Lifted High This Week

1.  'Breathless' Sung by: Shayne Ward
- This song is NOT available on American iTunes.  Anna is a very naughty music listener, who is not always a follower of the rules.  DO NOT do as she does folks.  You can hear it on Youtube! :)

-Reason Behind It: Every time I listen to this song I picture the scene in the Korean drama 'You're Beautiful' where the main guy is listening to this song, twirling in a field...and then a wild pig chases him and scares the crap out of him!  I love that show and this song is beautiful, but it makes me laugh.


2.  'Band Aid' sung by: Pixie Lott
- This is not available on American iTunes, but it is available on Amazon.com, on the album "Turn It Up Louder" by Pixie Lott.  It's an import because she's British and subsequently awesome!

-Reason Behind It: I love Pixie even when I'm having a low week, but this song is upbeat and the lyrics are fun.  Plus, any song named 'Band Aid' can't inspire ill feelings.  It can only make you laugh and smile.  I have a thing for British music and that helps too.  I actually think Shayne Ward is a Brit too.....


3.  'Sandcastles' sung by: Kate Voegele
- This song is available on iTunes and a whole bunch of other places on the album "Gravity Happens" (2011) by Kate Voegele.

- Reason Behind It: It reminds me to be grateful for everything that I have, versus being sad about the things I'm lacking.  It also makes me feel something deep inside and the lyrics honestly describe wanting things to be simple rather than having to make life decisions and become an adult.  I have the laid-back persona that is inherent in this song which can be good and bad.


4.  'The Creep' sung by: The Lonely Island featuring Nicki Minaj and John Waters
- This song is available on iTunes and a lot of other places, on the album "Turtleneck and Chain" by The Lonely Island.  As a band The Lonely Island is famous for their songs on SNL mostly and I think they're pretty funny. 

-Reason Behind It: This song is pretty funny on lyrics alone, but the video is what clinches it for me every time.  Who knows why I find it so awesome - maybe it's because I'm a hardcore John Waters fan and I love the fact that he's in on the joke.  Also, that dance is the stuff viral videos are made of. 



5.  'Dancing Crazy' sung by: Miranda Cosgrove
- This song is available on iTunes and many other places on the album "High Maitenance - EP."  Not a hard song to find, after all she was a Disney Channel star!

-Reason Behind It: I know, I know!  A Disney Channel kid, what the H-E-Double was I thinking, right?  Well this song is just plain catchy and fun!  THAT'S what I was thinking!  Plus the music video is fun too.  You should check it out, if only for an excuse to dance.



   That's all for this weeks edition of Listen Closely Wednesdays. I'm honored if you decided to read this post and I would love to hear your thoughts. Happy listening my friends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are much appreciated and I always read them with a smile on my face! :) While I appreciate the thought, this an award-free blog as well. I just don't have the time to keep up with it. Thank you for my smiles and please share your thoughts! Also, sorry for the Captcha, but I've been getting a lot of spam lately!